Synopsis: A fresh surge of Saharan dust has caused the AQI to drop to moderate levels. This will increase the risk of health problems for unusually sensitive people, such as asthmatics.
AQI: 50 to 70
AQI category: Moderate Sensitive groups: People with respiratory or heart disease, the elderly and children are the groups most at risk.
Health implications: Air quality is acceptable; however, for some pollutants, there may be a moderate health concern for a very small number of people who are unusually sensitive to air pollution.
Caution: Unusually sensitive people such as active children and adults, and people with respiratory disease, such as asthma, should limit prolonged or heavy exertion.
SYNOPSIS: Low moisture levels and instability will maintain a low chance of showers across the region during the morning and the early part of the afternoon. Later in the afternoon through to Thursday morning, an increase in moisture and instability will increase the chances of showers and thunderstorms over the islands. A surge in the winds during the passage of the tropical wave will also produce gusty conditions mainly overnight.
Possible rainfall total for the forecast period between this afternoon and Thursday morning is 12 to 25 mm or 0.5 to 1 inch.
WEATHER TODAY: Partly cloudy with a 30 percent or low chance of showers in morning; and cloudy in the afternoon with a 70 percent or high chance of showers.
WEATHER TONIGHT: Cloudy with showers and a 40 percent or moderate chance of thunderstorms.
WINDS: East to East-northeast at 26 to 37 km/h or 14 to 20 knots with gusts possibly peaking to near 52 km/h or 28 knots.
SEAS: 1.2 to 1.8 metres or 4 to 6 feet.
Sunset Today: 6:44 pm. Sunrise tomorrow: 5:48 am.
HIGH: 29°C/ 84°F
LOW: 26°C/79° F