When a Hurricane Watch is issued, it means that the hurricane is a threat but there is no certainty that it will hit the island. You must start preparing necessary supplies and securing your home. At this time, you should also:
* Fill your car with petrol and check your battery, water and oil.
* Check your flashlights, candles and lamps (have spare batteries, bulbs and matches).
* Listen to your Radio and TV constantly for weather reports.
* Locate your containers for storing drinking water and label them.
* Pack a survival kit.
* Make sure you have an adequate supply of any prescription medication you may be using.
* Organize your family. Ensure everyone knows the plan.
* Secure canned and non-perishable food.
* Make arrangements to have your pets cared for. If you plan to evacuate.